AVAILABLE 24 HOURS A DAY TO TAKE YOUR CALL
Why Risk The Outcome Of Your Personal Injury Case By Not Hiring A Competent and Experienced Personal Injury Lawyer?
Hiring a personal injury lawyer with a proven track record of success is essential when filing a personal injury claim.
Only an attorney experienced in North Carolina Law understands all of the laws of the state and what to expect from those defending a claim. Insurance companies hire the best legal minds to avoid payouts wherever possible and to settle for the lowest possible amount when a settlement is unavoidable.
It is not uncommon for insurance companies to send representatives to approach the injury victim while still in hospital receiving treatment for their injuries, in an attempt to “potentially close the case.” It is always in the best interest of the insurance company to close a case fast and to cut off all channels for legal recourse wherever possible. You may need the money on offer fast to stay afloat during your recovery, but if there’s a fast offer on the table you can guarantee that it will never be a fair or full offer.
They may even try to trick you. The insurance adjustor will seem very friendly and concerned. They will ask many questions, some of which will seem irrelevant to the situation. Being in your current position, it may seem logical to answer all of these questions without hesitation. They’re telling you that they’re on your side and feeling your pain and they want what’s best for you. They may try to have you commit to a settlement without even knowing the full extent of your injuries, the damage to your vehicle or other personal property or the length of time you’re going to be absent from work while you recover.
Even if it takes them a while after the initial event to call round, they may still try their hardest to make you feel obligated to close the case, refuse treatments and return to work.
You should never issue any statement to the insurance company until you have spoken with a personal injury lawyer.
A Personal Injury Attorney Will Protect Your Right To Seek Compensation, Including But Not Limited To:
• Lost Wages and Benefits. All lost wages since the event may be included in your PERSONAL INJURY LAWcompensation. This will include your regular wages and benefits that your employer provides such as contributions to your retirement plan, health insurance premiums or profit sharing.
• Future Earning Capacity. If your injury prevents you from returning to work or forces you to seek training in another lower-paying position, your lawyer will seek compensation for your losses.
• Medical Care. This will include all medical care costs since the accident and any future medical care treatment that you may require for your injury. This includes long-term care.
• Pain and Suffering. This is non-economic damage that the attorney will seek on your behalf based on the information in your case. Using medical records and personal testimonies on how this injury has an impact on your life will allow the attorney to come to a figure that is both fair and complete.
Your injury attorney may also have additional forms of compensation that you are entitled to under the law based on the specifics of your case. All injury cases are unique and different forms of compensation may apply.
To achieve the best possible outcome for your personal injury case you should allow your attorney to handle all of the legal issues and follow their instructions regarding with whom to communicate details of your injury, to the letter. Your attorney will make sure that the insurance company places your best interest as the main priority, not their own. Your personal injury attorney will minimize this stress of the claims procedure from your life as much as possible, so that you can concentrate on the healing and recovery process.
FREE LAWYER CONSULTATION CALL 24/7
Kellum Law Firm – Fayetteville, North Carolina Office.
Kellum Law Firm is expanding its reach into North Carolina, with our new office locations in Durham and Fayetteville.
At the Fayetteville NC location our team of experienced injury lawyers can assist with:
- automobile accident claims
- personal injury cases
- workers’ compensation claims
- social security disability
- elder abuse
- wrongful death cases.
We’ve practiced law in the state of North Carolina for 40+ years and have an impeccable record of providing first-rate legal services to North Carolina residents.
If you need a lawyer for an automobile accident, a workplace injury, or just about any situation where an injury has been sustained or damage to property has occurred, then contact Kellum Law Firm’s Fayetteville office for a free lawyer consultation today.
Our local team of attorneys is fully committed to a satisfactory outcome for every case we work and to each client we serve.
(Our Fayetteville office is by appointment only.)